Prior to digging or excavating, the first thing you should consider is what’s buried under the ground.
- Water, Gas and Sewerage have been buried for a century, in the past 40 years many electrical and communications services are also buried underground.
- Historically, many accidents and disruptions have occurred from excavators unwittingly digging up underground assets – ruptured sewerage pipes, gas mains explosions and even deaths from contact with electricity cables.
- Some incidents have left entire communities isolated from power, water or phone services.
- These buried services need to be identified when civil works are being carried out in their vicinity.
‘Out of sight and out of mind’ in these instances can be disastrous.
- By utilising Spot On’s location services you can fulfil your Duty of Care obligations and prevent damage, disruption, injury and even death.
- Give our professional team a call on 1300 531 431 to locate telecommunications, power cables and optic fibre infrastructure.
- We are fully insured with over 40 years of asset locating experience. We can help prevent costly and dangerous damage you may inadvertently cause and end up paying for.
(1) Although Spot On Group’s accredited Plant Locators take every care to ensure that the locations provided are accurate, all asset (Cable) locations are to be treated as an indication only. It is the responsibility of the customer to visually locate all located assets (cables) by hand digging (pot-holing) prior to commencing any mechanical excavation in the area to prove the exact location and depth of the asset.
(2) Spot on group and its Plant Locators use the 1100 dial before you dig process to determine what assets may be buried in the area and to obtain the relevant plans. Spot On Group or its Plant Locators will not be held responsible for any asset that are not identified through the 1100 dial before you dig process and therefore their existence is not known of and or there are no plans available